Thursday, November 3, 2011

Make Up Makes it Better!

I feel it necessary to explain my lack of blogging lately. I know, I'm trying to post something once a week, but psh. I'm a realist. (See the title.) I've been supremely busy with the American River Review (I'm Gallery Director this year) and a few other projects going on. One of my clients is very ill, and I'm worried about him. Orange Lounge Radio has been nominated for a Podcast Award (vote for us please!), I went to Disneyland where I promptly got sick and have been sick for over a week.

Monday was Halloween, and while I don't particularly celebrate it anymore, I took the opportunity to glam up a bit. I'd been feeling horrendous all day, and I still felt crappy, but dang it, we were going to see Ghostbusters at the movie theater, and I wanted to have fun. I did white and faint pink eyeshadow, dark thick black eyeliner, heavy mascara (which always makes me look like I'm wearing falsies), and a really cute casual outfit. The result? I was still sniffly, still tired, but emotionally, I felt great and had a really good time.

Just goes to show, there's some benefits to this girly stuff after all.

Take care, Gals!

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment