Friday, August 5, 2011

Bicycle Race! (cue Queen)

First of all, I'd like to welcome my new followers! Greetings!

I'm going to jump back today to the whole health and fitness thingie today. No, really, it's not a lecture, just sharing a few things. First of all, this is my pride and joy right now:


This is my bike, an Electra Townie 21d. I LOVE my bike. I really hadn't ridden a bike regularly for quite some time now, so I'm excited to have the chance again. The problem is that my body isn't used to the work, so it's like I'm training myself all over again. I can go farther and farther every day, and my time is improving, so before too long, I'll be able to ride my bike all day without worries.

A lap around my neighborhood block is about 2.5 miles, according to Google Maps. Well, I did that twice and another mile, so 6 miles for me is pretty good. I have to stop because my butt gets sore while I'm getting used to it! Still, I can go farther every day, and while the scale hasn't twitched much, my clothes are already fitting better.

So why the bike? Well, I kept reading about all of my friends in Japan who bike to work or wherever they need to go and ride public transportation for the rest. I'd be saving something like $40 in gas and getting exercise! A number of friends lost weight when they moved to Japan from eating better quality/lower quantity food and regular exercise (like bike riding). I'm inspired by that. =)

So watch out, California. Look for that green blur on her way to the Farmer's Market!

J!

No comments:

Post a Comment