Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Exercise and Smoothies

Yeah, yeah, I should update more often. =P

Well, as all ten of you who read this know, I'm putting an effort into working out again. So far, the scale hasn't moved, but my waistline has, which is good. The hubby and I have been doing circuit training and regular cardio at the gym, but we also take our bikes out. Yesterday we went bike riding for two hours, going almost 12 miles on a trail! (SO SORE!)


The green bike is mine, the red one is Dan's. =) We both have 21-speed Electra Townies. SO CUTE and very comfy!

Anyway, like an idiot, I went out to the gym today to do circuit training, which is amazing for exercise, but oh-so-painful when one is recovering from something new. However, maintaining good health is very necessary, so activity must continue. It's important to have at least an hour of activity every day, even if you don't feel like it (unless you're sick).

I'm going to share with you all a recipe I just made up. You use the following ingredients:






1 Banana
2 Tbsp Ovaltine Chocolate Malt
1 Scoop Spiru-tein unsweetened vanilla protein powder
10 oz soy milk

Throw it all in a blender, make sure everything is blended smoothly, and drink that numminess up! Want the stats on it? This is according to SparkPeople:

354 kcal
052 g carbohydrates
006 g fat
024 g protein

So really, it's not that bad at all. Since I work out before lunch, I have it as my lunch, and it really fills me up. v(≧∀≦)v

J!

No comments:

Post a Comment