Monday, June 13, 2011

Disneyland... again! (Repost from LiveJournal)

I love Disneyland so much. I do. I went with my hubby, Rob , and Bobby , and we met up with Peter on Friday and then with him and Jasmine on Saturday. It was so awesome to see Bobby again and get to hang out with him, and Peter and Jasmine are so awesome. I'd love to have everyone up here for California Extreme this summer. I also met one of Rob's friends, Bobbie, and she's so funny and nice! I also made two new friends on the monorail. At any rate, we rode tons of stuff both days and had a blast. 


----

New Things

1. Star Tours - The revamp was awesome! It was shorter, but more went on. It didn't really have much lead up unless you watched the monitors outside of the ride before the warning message. We rode it three times and got most of the different sequences. The first sequence was Vader, Kashyyyk, Leia, and Naboo. Second was the other intro, Tatooine, Akbar, and Naboo. The third time was Vader, Kashyyk, Yoda, and the Death Star. The only sequences we didn't get to see were Hoth and Coruscant.

2. The disabled queue on Space Mountain - DON'T JUDGE ME. Bobbie offered for us to get on a few rides faster using her disabled status, and well, I've had a secret wish to be on Space Mountain in the disabled loading area. For those who don't know, there's a side track where people with special needs load on the ride. Then, the whole section of the track that the car is on moves over. It might be silly, but I've always wanted to be on it when it does that, so I finally did. It was neat! We also got to go in the back way for Star Tours, which was also cool and much better than standing in line for ages.

3. Café Orleans - It's expensive, but SO GOOD. It's like food from the Blue Bayou, but maybe 2/3 the cost and just as delicious. The serving sizes were perfect, and I have to say their fruit was delicious, too. Here's some more info.

4. elecTRONica - THIS WAS FRIGGIN' AMAZING. I loved the dancers, the costumes, the blacklights, everything. Laserman was astounding! I put up my own video recording of the act at elecTRONica on my Tumblr. I had a Digitini at the End of Line Club, and we played lots of games at Flynn's. Dan got his Roadblasters on, and I tried Space Paranoids, then played TRON and QIX. I danced with candy ravers, dueled with one of the cast members using a frisbee, and hula-hooped. FUN. SO MUCH DAFT PUNK.

5. Duffy the Disney Bear - I HUGGED DUFFY. SHUT UP.

----

I did get pretty sunburnt the last day there, but thanks to lotion and staying out of the sun a bit, it's healing nicely. It's faded already into pink in the worst areas and fairly dark in the lighter areas. Also, we walked constantly but with regular breaks for two days, almost there open to close both of them. I was actually really PMSy both of those days, but so distracted by happy and good friends that any time a bad mood started to rise, it was nearly instantly squashed. Dan and I did fuss on the way back (Sorry, Rob!), but once we ate and rested a bit, we were both infinitely better. The Communists thankfully did not invade until the trip back.

Today I'm pretty sore. My shoulders are tender, and my lower back down to my feet feel very much worked out. When one exercises hard, it's not the next day, but the day after that feels the worst, and I'm definitely feeling it, but tomorrow will have me back at the gym. I've put back on everything I lost, but thankfully I know how to take it back off. Most of it is water gain from the horrible amounts of sodium I've had this weekend. Once my body no longer hurts so badly, I'll be looking forward to the activity.

tl;dr Version: Disneyland rules. My body hurts. I miss Jasmine, Peter, and Bobby. The end.

J

No comments:

Post a Comment