Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Fitnessing

I've been lazy. I put back on poundage. The problem is that I cannot afford to put on poundage, so I got up and went to the gym with the husband today. With as easy as it is to just sit my ass down in front of the computer and play WoW or Portal 2, it doesn't make me feel very good. In fact, I keep slowing down until all I want to do is sleep. When I go the the gym, however, I feel great when I'm done, even if I've only done a bare minimum of work.


Today was actually a combination of challenging and fun. I walked for ten minutes, rowed for ten minutes, and biked for ten minutes. That's thirty minutes of diverse activity, and that's the kind people need. I'm positive that if I get at least thirty minutes of diverse activity daily, then I'll be in much better shape. When I worked full time, I used to walk during my fifteen minute breaks. What's that? Thirty minutes. It's really not that hard.

As for eating, that's been the other down point. I gave up on my raw food. I gave up on even trying. I honestly think I hit some sort of crazy depression because I simply did not care. Do I care now? Yeah, I'm trying to make myself care. I don't hate myself. I don't really have a bad self-image. I was just feeling overwhelmed by my situation and things hanging over my head to the point that I was having to force myself to do anything. I enjoy eating raw vegetables and preparing dishes, but my mindset sucked the joy out of those things for me, and that's what I'm changing.

My husband is such an inspiration to me, too. Last August, he was about 440 lbs. Today he's 337 lbs. That's over 100 lbs in less than a year! He's really amazing, but even more than that, his motivation can be my motivation. Seeing him work hard means I have someone to work hard with and keep me going. I'm not going to depend on him to be my motivation but instead follow his awesome example.

So that's it. That's what's on my mind. I'm not going 100% raw again, but I'm going to make sure I eat a good bulk of my veggies raw. I'm going to give up the red meat for the most part, eat my fishies, and drink my water (I haven't had soda in easily six months). I'm going to have thirty minutes of heart rate-raising activity of some sort every day. That's how I'll do it.

J

No comments:

Post a Comment